Buildings by Alpha…A Wise Investment
Alpha buildings are built on pressure-treated skids that keep them off the ground, and also provide ease of movement should you decide to move your building from one location to another. They have an 8″ minimum overhang to help protect the sides from the elements and are sided with 5/8″ T1-11 siding that can be painted or stained. All floors are built with 2×4 floor joists, 12″ on center with 5/8″ flooring – 3/4″ can be added as a custom option. We use 25 year shingle with metal drip edge for our roofing.
As pole barn builders, our building techniques allow for economical, flexible and timely building options, whether building an agricultural barn, gambrel style barn or monitor style barn. A finished, post-frame barn is more energy efficient and weather resistant than many other types of construction. We are proud to say we have built hundreds of barns and agricultural buildings throughout Skagit, Whatcom, Snohomish and Island counties.
I am just now starting to look for a property. What are some things to be looking for if I plan to add a shop or a barn?
- What will the building be used for?
- How much space do I need?
- How tall should it be?
- What door sizes will work?
- Do I want windows?
- Where will it go on my property?
- What materials do I prefer? (metal, wood, etc.)
- Site preparation is a consideration which has a large potential impact on overall cost. The less ground work you require the lower your project cost.
- What is the access to power, water and other utilities?
- How much work will need to be performed to access the site. Driveway etc…?
- Is the zoning appropriate for your use? Will you need to get a variance?
- What are your long term plans for the property? Will you want to subdivide at some future date? Is this allowed?
Have questions you need answered about an Arena, Barn, Stable and so much more from Spane Buildings the Pole Barn Builders and get some answers to your questions.
Spane Buildings has been constructing the finest barns, shops, equestrian facilities, garages, airplane hangars, homes and outbuildings since 1945. This short video showcases some of our projects.
Call us toll-free today at (800) 310-2136 to start planning your next custom building. We’re located in Mount Vernon, Washington, and we work with Western Washington customers from Olympia to the Canadian border. E-mail Jim Spane, firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at this beautiful barn that Spane Buildings built!